How To: Write The Perfect Thank You Note
It has been said that the smallest of gestures can bring the largest positive changes in the world today. A thank you note is one of those small gestures. As a Blissful Belle, it is important to not lose touch with the fine art of expressing gratitude with a simple message. As G.K. Chesterton said, “thanks are the highest form of thought.” Be a poised and thankful woman and learn the charm that is a note of gratitude.
Key points to cover:
- Use an introduction such as: Dear, Blissful Belle (insert recipient’s name). It seems simple, but in today’s busy world many skip out on addressing the letter. Adding a name gives the note more thought and a personal touch. Everyone likes seeing their name so go the extra mile and add that short line at the top of your note!
- Start with: Thank you for the _______. It is important to establish your thanks at the beginning of the note. This ensures that the recipient knows the focus of the message from the get-go. State the exact gift items, service or kind gesture that you are thanking the person for. The main point of the first sentence is to establish gratitude and clarity.
- Write a few sentences explaining why you enjoyed and benefited from what they provided you. It doesn’t hurt to explain how you used the gifted item or service. In the case of thanking a person for a small gesture, talk about how great it made you feel or how much it helped you. Others enjoy this personalization and it reminds them that their efforts were well worth it.
- Conclude your note with a simple line: Thank you so much for thinking of me. Anything along the lines of showing appreciation for the other person’s thought will do the trick.
- End the letter by using a simple and sincere sign off with your name.
- E-mail works if time is short. The written letter form of the thank you note will always reign as the best way, but if there is no other option e-mail will suffice. Make sure to follow the advice above for giving thanks online as well.
- Keep the message focused on the purpose of thanking the other person. This will enhance and amplify the essence of the thank you note. Nothing will be there to distract from your elegantly written message of gratitude.
- When writing a hand written letter use nice, clean paper. Nice stationary or letter paper can be found at Target. Remember, it’s the simple additions that make for a perfect thank you!
Why a thank you note is powerful:
It is important to show individuals the value of what they share with the world. The world needs the sharing of kindness, ideas, love, grace and thanks to evolve and better each person. One small thank you note can contribute to a chain of kindness reaching throughout the globe. You have the ability to impact the world in a positive way by thanking one person for their kindness. Thank you notes can give a Blissful Belle the opportunity to enlighten a life with the power of grace, love and gratitude.
“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.” -Denis Waitley