How-To: Be Environmentally Friendly
Go Green campaigns are everywhere, from advocating for people to be environmentally friendly to using eco-friendly products. There are tons of ways to get involved with this effort and keep our planet clean!
Conserve and Preserve:
- How often to do you find yourself throwing out half your mail? Bank statements are a hassle because after glancing through them, they have to be shredded before throwing them out. Bank statements in your trash are a liability, and the whole process is a waste of paper. The easiest and most hassle free thing to do is switch to electronic banking. You can even check bank statements on your phone, and you don’t have to worry about anyone snooping through your statements.
- Another daily thing to consider is the way we use water. Most of the time we are wasteful about it, belles, and this can be easily avoided. Take showers instead of baths, and monitor how long you take. You can also turn off any running water when you brush your teeth, shaving, and even washing dishes.
- Lastly, walk to class when it is nice out. It is great exercise and helps lower our pollution. If you need to drive, try carpooling with a group of friends, this way you’ll have company getting to school or work, but also help the environment from dangerous pollution!
- Invest in a refillable water bottle. This product comes now with a built in Brita filtering system, which is great for you!
- Another simple product to bring into your home is biodegradable trash bags. Make your trash eco-friendly.
- For your bathroom, purchase Scott brand toilet paper without the tube inside. The roll doesn’t need the tube to be functional, so go without it!
- If you want even more products for your garden, kitchen, or pet, check out this website filled with great products.
There are tons of products that you can start to use, and you’ll feel great about helping your environment. Make little changes and encourage others to do the same.